Travel with children can feel like a you have to pack everything including the kitchen sink, but this isn’t true at all, I’ve learnt so many different ways to save on space when it comes to traveling with my two, I haven’t yet discovered what traveling with a baby is like but I have seen other people doing some amazing things!
- Suction pack and roll everything, all your clothes the lot get vacuum bags and roll everything up, if your packing shoes use dryer sheets to line them and put other things in them!
- Keep toiletries to the bare minimum, you don’t need a whole bottle of shampoo or conditioner or body wash etc, even if you’re going away for a year, you know why? Because every country you visit will have a shop somewhere buy it when you get there, you’ll save sooo much room.
- Try to book a place that has a washing machine or at least a launderette close by, that way you won’t need to pack 20 different outfits, you’ll need 3, at most.
- See what’s included with where you book, with most places, towels hairdryers, toiletries etc are normally included anyway, so you won’t need to pack them.
- If you are traveling with a baby, bring what you need if the baby is formula fed measure out what you need and bring containers, with sterilized water in a flask, bring 6 nappies for every day your traveling for and buy when you get there, they will have nappies I promise, and do one even better use cloth nappies you only need 5/6 of those and they’re not as bulky as regular nappies either.
That’s it my top tip for space saving! I tend not to go extreme I just don’t bring, its simpler and easier for me than sectioning my jewellery or scraping out my foundation, just simply bring 1 thing and buy the rest where I’m going and that’s about it.