Okay so I need a new one, but I love journals! I write a lot in it I take note of a lot of things around me when I’m traveling, not only does it help me write my blog post’s but it gives me a chance to look back on my adventures and relive what I’ve done. So here are 5 reasons why my journal helps with my travels
- I keep track of addresses and numbers – so my apartment address, any taxis I come across food places that I’ve tried and want to go back to everything, I also take down new friends details whilst I’m out and about, this keeps my network open and allows me to connect with small business owners, it makes me feel like I’m doing my bit for the economy, but not only that by keeping these details and using these services, I know I’m a little bit safer on my travels.
- I write out a diary page if I need to destress, if I’m stressed writing out my day helps me as I can leave the stress on paper, with two kids traveling with me its way better than getting emotional in front of them, I have to look after my mental health too.
- You can network better instead of hoarding 400 business cards they can just write they’re details on your book and done. If your networking it means your supporting businesses, it helps me and helps others.
- You have picture memories, its lovely looking back and seeing all the beautiful places you’ve been. This really helps my mentality, if I’m struggling or missing home all I have to do is flick through the pictures and remember why I’m traveling, and to be grateful for the opportunity I’ve been given.
- Inspiration, its nice when you out and about to jot down lovely things you see and hear on your travels, like quotes you’ve heard, or a good deed being done. It can really uplift your mood.
- Sketch and draw, if a picture isn’t enough and I really want to take in my view I draw or sketch it out, it helps me relax and really enjoy where I am because I have to focus on all the details.
- It can help pass time, I’ve never been more grateful for mine when I’m sat at train stations or airports, than sitting down and jotting in my travel journal, by the time I’ve finished whatever it is I was doing in there I’ve got to go which is really nice.
- It’s like a souvenir but personal to you, it’s got every adventure in there that you’ve had and every experience you’ve encountered, that’s something truly unique to you.
- If your like me and travel with family it can give you an escape, when I’m out traveling I don’t have family to help me when I need a break from my children, so it’s nice to sit down at night time and do something for myself and allows me to destress and have some “me time”
- Its all round fun, you end up getting excited to add to your journal you start thinking of it as a personal project and you need to get it done so you cant wait for the next place your going to visit or the next thing you’re going to do.
You journal is yours and it will help you in so many ways, you could need to write a memo, or a note or you could have to remind yourself where a certain shop is, or just want to use it like a diary, there’s no wrong way to write out a journal but it will help you and it is essential.