One pet hate when it comes to travel is flying, and I don’t mean the fear of flying I mean how boring it can get, even with two kids in toll, when they’re having a two hour nap or sleeping the whole way through it’s nice to just sit back and read a book I don’t really bring tablets or laptops in my carry on as I don’t really play games on them, so i’d much prefer bringing a book, sit back and get lost in the world of fiction.
I’m quite lucky as the only genre I don’t like reading is romance novels, however I am bringing myself to read maybe 5-10 novels this year, just to give you guys some recommendations. I definitely prefer my action packed dramas more than anything, I don’t know if it’s because a lot of crime novels include my dream job (criminal psychologist or pathologist) or if I just get absorbed into the pages.
- Once dead twice shy; I read this book as a teen and for some reason it has stuck with me for quite sometime, being a mythical book I knew i’d like it. As I recall it’s apart of a series but I never got round to reading the rest but what I do know is I loved it, a lot.
- Find her, one of the best crime novels I’ve read in a long time, I loved it so much I went on amazon to look for it as looking in my local library failed me, I love a good crime novel and this was such a good read. learning about a vigilante who stops criminals relating to her own experience Is such an amazing read!
- The red Queen, another mythical novel but this one I managed to read the whole book in a day, now when you have 2 children this is an impossible task but I just couldn’t put the book down, I really connected with this book I think theirs a lot of truths behind it and i’m gutted that it ended but I will definitely be reading it again.
- Those that know me know that i’m a massive fan of a certain book collection, and as much as I don’t want to put these books on here I cant help it, I love them so much, they’re my childhood and I will be taking them on my next trip with me, or at least the next book ill be on in the collection, and that’s good old harry potter. My partners mum even bought me a collection of all the books, and I cant wait to crack them open.
- I’ve just finished one of the best crime drama novels that I’ve ever read and that’s cut to the bone, I’s a thrilling book about a 20 year old YouTube star that gets kidnapped, full of dodgy police, star struck lovers and corrupt companies all involved and obsessed with the online super star! Normally i’m amazing at knowing whats coming in crime novels as most of them are predictable but this book proved me wrong.
So that’s my top 5 book list for tackling boring flights do you have any good reads? I love reading through book recommendations! let me know in the comments 🙂