Shugborough Estate is a hidden gem found in Staffordshire, Located in Milford. Shugborough Estate makes up of two sections a beautiful Farm house with the animals included and a huge mansion with its rooms and history open for viewing! The estate is pet friendly and family friendly and has everything for everyone! So here are my reasons for visiting this historic estate!
- It’s History lies with Sir Patrick Lichfield, The Anson brothers adventures and Behind the scenes of the glamour with servants quarters as they were back when the manor was built.
- The Lichfield apartments are filled with amazing photography work from lord Lichfield himself. His Photos contain a collection of some of the most famous people in the world, being a relative of the royals himself he was known to be the first-choice photographer at many events.
- The Story of the Anson Brothers was an amazing tale in which the walls of the manor tell well. These stories include one of George Anson taking Spanish treasure which still funds Shugbrough to this day.
- Its Gardens are beautiful, now I know this is easy to say but I mean it I took me and my partner about 2 hours just to get around the gardens there was so much to look at including a beautiful Chinese styled house and bridge feature, a hidden cat statue and so many beautiful flowers all perfect to picnic on and enjoy!
- It has a beautiful farm house where you can see the story of the farmers and how they lived as well as being able to enjoy the animals themselves! Your able to hear stories of the farm estate and what their life was like and what being a farmer involves.
There’s so much more to enjoy on the estate than this they have a cute playground for children, two super cute shops, two cafés that serve some of the most beautiful foods you can imagine and across the road they do hot air balloon rides, as well as 900 acres of land to explore, do you need any more reasons to go?