Derbyshire is in my eyes the most magical place you could visit in the UK especially if your looking for something quiet and peaceful to do or if you like exploring and learning, there’s something for everyone! Located in the east midlands.
- The Peak District National Park! This attracts millions of visitors every year and doesn’t just sit in Derbyshire but across many different counties such as Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Cheshire and Manchester. The peak district is mainly famous for its ease to it beautiful surrounding towns and villages and the diversity these towns hold in history. The peak district itself holds hundreds of stories that need telling.
- Kedleston Hall. This absolute stunner of an attraction is now one of my favourite places I’ve visited! Its amazing architecture and its beautiful walks make it such a unique place to travel to. Dating back to the 18th century this hall holds so much history, which is all now displayed inside the manor itself. Not only does the manor itself have so much to offer but if you take a walk around the trails you may find yourself wandering across some pretty amazing wild life, from squirrels and robins to stoats, otters and badgers. The perfect nature spot.
- Heights of Abraham, this is an astonishing place where natural beauty meets human influence. This place can be seen with a cable cart ride right over dertwent valley and looks absolutely breath-taking. Also, you can take a guided tour down to the cavern where any light dances across its walls as you learn about its history!
- Chatsworth house. This is an amazing historic house that not only has a history but is still playing its roll in the arts of film and production, with the Land supposedly being used in the production of pride and prejudice and for good reason; the picturesque artifacts and architecture that fills the grounds are truly magnificent pieces of art themselves. The grounds themselves hold not only the manor but Gardens, a farm yard and a playground to discover and explore!
- The lighthouse restaurant. Nestled in the beautiful Derbyshire countryside, this beautiful restaurant not only gives you an amazing dinner but offers you the best scenery the countryside has to offer. Its food is beautiful fine dining and with a 5 star rating on trip adviser it cant be wrong!
There you have it my top 5 places to go in Derbyshire! Do you know any places that are must haves? I’d love to hear about them so I can explore some more! I hope you like my picks!