When I started to think about blogging and traveling I got my head around traveling over seas and to far off countries and whilst that’s all swell and dandy I never thought to explore my own home! They say home is where the heart is after all, right?
After a bit of time to think about what there is around me I’ve decided I’m going to take you on a journey around the west midlands, England! I’ve explored countless unique homes with stories to tell and I’ve dined in some of the cutest restaurants and café. I live next a beautiful castle ruin and a huge forest filled with natural beauty.
Now whist I live in Staffordshire, which to most people is quite dim and boring (which I also thought) I have come up with 10 amazing places to visit on your journey threw the west midlands!
- Cannock chase – this is a beautiful forest full of Deer and even some endangered birds. But my reason for heading to this well-known spot for go ape, a fun adventure playground for not just children but adults too this attraction is known for bring tourist all the way from Australia.
- Alton towers – obviously this is on my list as its one of the biggest attractions in England. However the reason this is on my list is because of the roller coaster restaurant, here you get served your food by an actual roller coaster, I went for an engagement party and honestly it was worth every penny, as it’s not just entertainment the food is delicious.
- Thinktank, Birmingham – this is one of my favorite museums that I’ve been too, last time I went I was young, but I remember it being the best experience of my life. It has so much for the family its super pact with educational activities for all ages.
- The soup kitchen, Stafford, this cute little restaurant may be a little out of the way from, well, everything but its food is amazing! It has a rooftop terrace where we can enjoy a cute floral view and drink your tea out-doors.
- Black country living museum, Dudley – this back in time museum is super cute and family friendly! It has everything for young ones to do and try, it even has a steam engine house, a working replica of the worlds first steam engine!
- The monkey forest, stoke – this is a cute not so little zoo where the monkeys roam free with you! Unfortunately the rules have change this this beautiful forest and now your not aloud to feed the monkeys (it was making them poorly) but you can still have fun wandering nature trails with these fury companions.
- Sudbury hall – this is a beautiful manor estate with picturesque gardens and an amazing childhood museum – In the spring you get to witness hundreds of ducklings wander the grounds and in the summer the gardens bloom, it has a beautiful café full of tasty treats ( I full recommend the sausage rolls and soup dishes) this is suitable for the whole family so even bring grandma! Plus as an extra bonus this place is national trust so if your like me and have a national trust card entry is free!
- Adam’s restaurant – I’ve put this on here as its one of the most romantic restaurants in the, west midlands, known for making countless couples date nights extra special, you can have a drink at the bar before resting down and enjoying your dinner, it has a relaxing atmosphere and the food is outstanding!
- The national sea life center, Birmingham – this is a place I’ve always wanted to visit since I was a little girl, even as a back up job id love to train as a marine biologist. This is a family friendly aquatic zoo and has so many things to do, from looking around yourself to tours and play center this place is perfect for a family trip out!
- West midland safari park – obviously this has to be on here it’s a ride around zoo, your car gets up close and personal with the animals and its such a wonderful adventure, and after that (or before) you can go round another part of the zoo on foot, another amazing family fun day!
There you have it my top 10 list of things to do in the west midlands! I’ve got to tell you that some of these places are must see and the adventures you’ll have with the family and loved ones will be amazing! Tell me all about your journeys in the comments, I’d love to here about them!