No matter what people tell you traveling the world is super cheap and super easy you’ve just got to know how to do it. you’re not going to get anywhere if you just sit doing nothing, you’ve got to remember that you’re the one who has looked into this, you’re the one that knows your stuff all the doubt that other people have you’ve debunked and found out it’s not true and I’m going to show you why.
The idea of traveling being expensive and difficult is utter bull, all you have to do is look around and budget, and its super easy all you need is a phone/laptop and WIFI and you can do anything, the modern era is bringing digital work to life and its allowing more and more people to live a nomadic life, so why not you? you don’t have to follow the norm of travel tour companies for a good adventure they’re just like everybody else and want your hard earned money for an experience that everybody should be entitled too So, here’s my travel for free plan.
- Your biggest for of transport is completely free – your feet, these bad boys take you everywhere, you walk everywhere! you’re not going to be paying for flight after flight staying in 5* hotels every night, your traveling right? so why not take a step back look at the scenery and see what’s out there and walk it? completely free and you get too see and do wayyy more anyway? so cheaper and twice as fun, not to mention you won’t miss anything, that sign for the museum up the road if you were traveling 50 miles an hour you wouldn’t have seen it but because you walked you know they have amazing art exhibits every Wednesday and they teach you about the local towns history! why not check it out.
- look around for your accommodation! how much are you paying for your home right now? £500pm? £1000pm? I’m guessing somewhere between that am i right? what about your gas electric? water? TV license? Sky or virgin bills? now you’re looking between £1000- £1500pm yeah? what if I told you there where rooms, apartments and even homes on sites like Airbnb for £7 a night with all of that included? would you believe me? Take a look and even if that’s too much for you – then house sit there are so many trusted sites that allow everyday travelers to house sit for others AND get paid, sites like trustedhousesitters, home exchange and housecarers. bonus.
- Keep your needs simple, do you NEED to bring every item of clothing on your journey or can you manage with 3-4 sets? to cut the costs of flight charges? I think you can manage without, not to mention the 400 pieces of makeup and jewelry you have on you just bring a simple makeup bag full and a statement piece and a casual piece of jewelry and be done with it. the best thing about traveling is…. traveling you don’t need to be hauling 400 items around with you that you probably won’t use anyway? what wrong with a wash, wear and spare, a nice camera and a phone to work from? Let’s be honest it’s all you need!
- Take things slow, you don’t need to be hopping on a plane hear there and everywhere is cheaper to take a boat and get there an hour later, cheaper to bike it and free to walk. slowing things down will not only save you the money but help with your mind set, relaxes you and gets you more experiences.
- learn a trade my skills come with writing and the creative side of things if people want a beautiful piece of art work for their living room wall or a new journal design to keep them motivated I’m their gal. this is where my money comes in – and by money I mean food. I don’t care for money but I’d take a meal for me and my children any day. I’m not saying I wouldn’t appreciate £30 for my work but in all honestly I’d would just go and put it towards continental traveling.
- keep city traveling to a run through, traveling around a city is hard when you’re trying to not spend any money but traveling through the city lets you see the sights whilst sticking to your track. sleep on the outside and travel in wards you don’t want to be spending hundreds of pounds on accommodation because the only places you can find are 5* hotels at prices of £300 a night for 1 person. that would cost me my whole monthly budget, however finding a cheap B&B in the next town for £10 a night and taking a trip into the city gives me the same opportunity for a fraction of the cost.
- Find your job that pays to travel, so you have a phone and you have data and WIFI? then you can get paid. there are thousands of online hustles that you can do from survey searching to creating a blog just like this. it can all lead you to a whole network of hustles that can bring you the pennies you need in your pocket. and look at that a full time wage!
And there you have it! following these steps you’ll be able to travel the world however you want without spending too much money. If you have any more tips, I’d love to know! So, please leave me a comment and share my blog to your traveler friend!